Learn and Share
When it comes to good health, our minds deserve the same attention as our bodies.
Our mental health plays a huge role in how we think, feel, and act. It also shapes how we relate to others, handle challenges, and our ability to make healthy choices. Mental health includes our social, emotional, and psychological wellness.
When we experience mental health challenges, our thinking, mood, and behavior can be affected. If the stressors or problems in your life are preventing you from functioning well or feeling good, you are not alone.
Help is available.
Only a mental health professional can diagnose a mental illness. If you or someone you know is struggling, it’s important to speak up. Talk to a trusted family member, friend, or professional.
Orange County Mental Health Services
- Promise to Talk
Stress and Coping Resources
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Deciding if a Provider is Right for You
- National Institute of Mental Health
Creatives Focused on Connection
Phone, Chat, and Text Resources
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, go to the nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1.
- The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a direct connection to compassionate, accessible care and support for anyone experiencing mental health-related distress. Dial 9-8-8 or chat with Lifeline.
- Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention. Text HOME to 741741 to reach a crisis counselor.
- The California Peer-Run Warm Line is a non-emergency resource for anyone seeking emotional support. Call 1-855-845-7415 or chat online.
- The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource that connects veterans 24 hours a day, seven days a week with a trained responder. Call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1, text 838255 or chat online.
- The Trevor Project provides 24/7 crisis support services to LGBTQ young people. Text, chat, or call anytime to reach a trained counselor